Annual General Meeting 2018
03 October 2018
More than 100 people attended NHS West Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group’s 2018 Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Held on September 26th at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Chester, the event opened with an hour-long marketplace style exhibition which showcased key areas of the CCG's work alongside a range of health and care exhibitors.
Clinical Chair Dr Chris Ritchieson then opened the AGM, paying tribute to local GP practices and clinical commissioning group staff before highlighting the key health and care challenges in West Cheshire.
Interim Chief Executive Gareth James then brought to life a number of key achievements for each of the CCG’s priority programmes before Governing Body members fielded questions from the floor in a lively question and answer session.
In line with tradition, the AGM closed with the GP practice awards - presented by Medical Director Dr Andy McAlavey. The 2018 winners were:
- Most improved GP access experience – Kelsall Medical Centre
- Most helpful receptionists – Tarporley Health Centre (Drs Adey and Dancy)
- Highest user of alternative services reducing unnecessary demand on outpatient hospital services – Neston Medical (Dr Chris Steer)
- Biggest improver in alternative services to reduce emergency services – Old Hall Surgery
- Overall flu vaccination uptake – Handbridge Medical Centre
- Highest reporter of patient safety incidents and self-reflecting incidents – Boughton Practice