Get Involved

Talk to our patient advice and liason service (PALS)

The NHS is huge. It can be complicated. That’s when patients need a helping hand – someone who knows how local services fit together.

  • Are you confused or puzzled by something the NHS is doing?
  • Do you have a practical problem that needs sorting out?
  • Do you want to raise a concern or suggest an improvement to a local NHS service?
  • Do you want to praise an individual or particular service?

PALS can;

  • Help you overcome problems.
  • Listen to your concerns
  • Make sure your experience helps us make local health services even better

Rest assured– your query will be dealt with sensitively and in confidence.

You can contact PALS by:

Telephone: 0800 132996 (West Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group)
E-mail :
Post: The Patient Experience Manager
1829 Building
The Countess of Chester Health Park
Liverpool Road

Countess of Chester NHS Foundation Trust PALS – 01244 366066

Cheshire and Wirral Partnership PALS – 01244 375165

Wirral NHS Foundation Trust PALS - 0151 647 4251

Do you have a patient story that you would like to share with us, then please feel free to contact the Patient Experience team, our details are shown above. Thank you for helping us improve your local NHS Service  

Have a compliment, concern or complaint

If you have appreciated the efforts of staff, or have ideas about how services could be improved, we’d like to know. Compliments let us know where we’ve got things right, and suggestions help us develop services in the future. Contact Patient Advice and Liaison Service on: 01244 389292 Freephone 0800 132996 or email:

You might have some concerns either about your care or about other things to do with how services are provided to you. If so, we’d like to know. Contact Patient Advice and Liaison Service on: 01244 389292 Freephone 0800 132996 or email:

If we can’t answer your concerns, or if you want to make a complaint, this is what you should do:

When should I complain?
If you are unhappy about any part of your care, treatment, or the way services are provided to you let us know as soon as you can. This makes it easier to put things right.

How do I complain?
Most complaints can be resolved by speaking to a member of staff or a manager. Whenever possible you should approach the clinic, hospital or GP practice that you wish to complain about. We also have a Patient Advice and Liaison Service, which aims to quickly resolve problems and concerns. Contact Patient Advice and Liaison Service on: 01244 389292 Freephone 0800 132996 or email:

If you are a child or young person, and you would like to share your good or not so good experience of the care or services you have received, you can tell us about it here, or speak to us on 0800 132 996.

Where can I go for more help?
The local Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) or from specialist advocates. ICAS can be contacted on 0300 456 8350 or

What happens next?
When we receive your complaint we will agree with you how we will investigate it, this may include a meeting to discuss your complaint in person. When the investigation is completed you will receive a full response.

What if I am still unhappy?
If you have outstanding concerns, please let us know; you can also ask the Ombudsman to investigate your complaint. Normally the Ombudsman expects that the NHS has been given a chance to try to resolve the complaint.


The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman,
Millbank Tower,

Complaints Helpline Tel: 0345 015 4033



Join West Cheshire Patients' Panel!

Do you live in western Cheshire? Would you like to have a greater say as to how health services are delivered in the area? If you are interested in becoming a member why not join our Patients' Panel?

We want the people who live in western Cheshire to play a more active role in helping us to shape our services. Membership schemes have been shown to be invaluable as they provide a way of including the opinions of local people in the development of services.

Cheshire Patients Panel Information Leaflet

If you are interested in joining our patients panel why not give us some details using the form below:

Electronic Membership Application Form


Are you a carer? Does your GP know you are a carer? Did you know you can receive support from your GP practice?

Contact your GP practice for more details. Find your local GP practice.

Practice patient participation groups

Information on Patient Participation Groups