Listening to You
We want you to have the opportunity to be fully involved in the decisions we take and want to ensure that the idea of ‘no decision about me, without me’ becomes the way we routinely work.
We do this in the following ways:
- Asking you what you think about local health services
- Listening to what you think works well, and what doesn’t
- Informing you about current developments
- Involving you in the decisions we have to make
- Showing you how your views have helped shape local health services
- Listening and learning about your own experiences as a patient or a carer
There are lots of ways in which you can become involved, for more information please browse the options below or alternatively you can contact the Patient and Public Engagement Team on email@example.com.
Would you benefit from receiving information from us in an alternative format?
NHS West Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group is committed to meeting NHS England’s Accessible Information Standard.
Put simply, this means we will:
• Ask if you have any communication needs
• Record those needs in a clear way
• Highlight them in our record of the correspondence
• Share your needs with appropriate organisations
• Act to make sure you receive the information you need in a format you can understand
To find out more about the Accessible Information Standard, please click here