If we are successful in our work to join up care in Cheshire West, the following objectives will be realised:
- To improve the overall health and wellbeing of the people of Cheshire West and support more people to lead healthy lifestyles to protect themselves from avoidable illness. This will include working with communities and partners to tackle a number of major causes of ill-health such as smoking, alcohol consumption and obesity.
- To ensure people can access the right services when they need them and receive a positive experience of care which is well-coordinated and tailored to their needs.
- To support people with long-term health and care needs to improve their quality of life by empowering them to manage their own health and maintain independence.
- To reduce the number of unplanned hospital admissions and the time people spend in hospital by helping more people recover from illness or injury and stay healthy after treatment.
- To make sure people are always cared for in a safe environment, protected from avoidable harm and that people with mental health conditions receive parity of esteem when they use local services.
- To improve people’s experience of care with increased choice and access to services.
- To create a financially sustainable health and care system which encourages innovation and empowers local people and frontline staff.
- To support people at the end of their lives with services which are responsive to their individual needs and preferences.