Local people are key to successfully transforming services for the future – their knowledge, experience and expertise are crucial in shaping the changes and we are committed to listening to and learning from residents of Cheshire West as we shape our plans further.
Healthwatch England, the national consumer champion for health and care services, has set out five steps to ensure people have their say in efforts to join up health and social care. These are the principles that will guide our work;
- Set out the case for change so people understand the current situation and why things may need to be done differently.
- Involve people from the start in coming up with potential solutions.
- Understand who in our community will be affected by our proposals and find out what they think.
- Give people enough time to consider our plans and provide feedback.
- Explain how we use people’s feedback, the difference it makes to our plans and how the impact of the changes will be monitored.
To get involved with work to join up care in Cheshire West, or for more information, please email: email@example.com